Thursday, January 26, 2006

A Beautiful View

A Beautiful View
Current mood: calm
Category: Goals, Plans, Hopes

Last night at GC i was asked to usher in the balcony and at first i was totally bummed out and upset and i really didn't want to leave my friends in the main auditorium with my stellar seats, but as worship started and God started speaking to me I was like, okay I'll go anywhere! I'll serve the Lord with gladness! :)
So T and I worked the balcony... it was my first time even going up there... it was exciting... i felt such ownership to it and the people that went up to sit there and there were a lot! let me just tell you, GC was PACKED last night!
And of course God rewarded my faithfulness! He allowed me to see the most beautiful sight... something I would love for so many of you to see... I would do anything for you to see what I saw last night... From the top of the balcony, i could see the most beautiful view down below... hundreds and hundreds of young people, guys and girls lifting their hands, singing, dancing, crying... worshiping God... getting touched by God... it was so amazing.. so uplifting... Godly, pure young people crying out to God, confessing their love for Him... the worship team pouring their hearts out... and in all that God gave me a vision... I saw everyone below me as children... rejoicing in their father's love... i mean, what do children do when they are excited, when their dad comes home from work? they clap, jump up and down and get excited! they raise their hands because they want to be picked up and loved by their parent... it was beautiful... so pure... He is our father and we are His children! He loves us... He delights in us! He enjoys us! and we enjoy Him... and worship is how we express it.
And at the end of the service, when the call for purity came... I had the privilege of watching dozens of young people stand up and commit their lives to purity and holiness and living clean, shameless and blameless lives... so yea... balcony duty next week? you bet! ;)

No comments: