Saturday, February 4, 2006

Used by God

Current mood: jubilant
Category: Life

Last night humbled me… it was amazing, it was powerful, it was surreal… it’s still hard for me to believe that God would use me. I mean that’s what I’ve always wanted, always asked of Him, and He has been using me, but not like this, not with strangers, not in such a powerful way. Last night I did the YP (young professionals) Commission (going out and talking with people about God, praying for them, giving out touch cards and inviting people to church) at Belltown (a ritzy part of downtown Seattle). There were 12 of us divided into 4 teams of 3. Before I continue let me add this: I didn’t really want to go. I mean I did, but I almost didn’t. I wanted to go to the youth service at my school, and I did, but I only stayed for the worship and then went to Belltown. Earlier in the day it was pouring rain non stop, but towards the night, it stopped. I told God that I wanted to go to the youth service and that I wanted my brother to come with me. If he did, then I wouldn’t go to Belltown, but if he wouldn’t, then I’d go. So I asked my brother and he refused (BTW-please pray for him) I was bummed out, so I went to the service without him. I stayed for the worship (which was awesome), but true to my word, I slipped out after and headed to B-town. God has answered me-He wanted me at Belltown. I didn’t know what He had in store, but I wanted to be faithful to Him and to my commitment to do this. Before we split up into our teams we prayed for God to use us. I felt that God has really been preparing me for this, giving me a heart for it, and He wanted to do something… something big. My team took the south side of 1st Ave and off we went. We were barely a block away from the church before we bumped into our first divine appointment. In fact, for the rest of the night we had nothing but divine appointments! It was unbelievable. I was in awe of how God has strategically placed people in our path… people who needed Him, people who have been searching for Him, people to whom He’s been speaking and doing work in their lives. I was also in awe at my own boldness. I did not recognize myself. I know for a fact that it was God Himself speaking through me, praying through me, touching others through me… giving me the words to say… it was my body, but it was Him who was in control of it that night. If you want to know exactly what went on and who we met, then either ask me, e mail me or IM me. I’m not going to post it all on here, but these stories are powerful. Thank You God, for using me. I’m so humbled that You would and yet so honored and so grateful. Use me more… everyday… everywhere with everybody.

No comments: