Friday, January 13, 2006

GC Update

Current mood: cheerful
Category: Life

(This was actually meant to be posted on Thursday )

GC was on fire last night! Holy Ghost fire! Pastor Jude was preaching and it was definitely a huge treat! He is so awesome, I love him, he cracks me up even more than Pastor Judah and Pastor Mark! Although Pastor Mark is truly in his own category, but that’s a whole different blog, hehe… Anyways, back to GC… Rescue Team was awesome, was literally dancing in the middle of Red Square, that’s how much I love doing it! @ PSP A.T. shared how she had a vision of God taking her to a “sweet” theater sort of room with a huge screen and asking her to dream with Him and pray that He’ll show her how He’ll make those dreams come true… I love how the Bible tells us that God puts certain desires in our heart so that we strive for them and ask God to help us in seeing them come to reality. Worship was quite good as usual and I got to usher! YAI! So now I’m a regular usher at both GC and Mars Hill! Thank you, God, for providing opportunities to serve, I feel so privileged!

Ok so here’s where it gets good… Pastor Jude was preaching on prayer, prayer in the spirit (tongues) to be specific, out of 1st Corinthians 13 and 14. In the end, when he called people up to the front to receive the gift of speaking in tongues, the altar was literally flooded and so was my mind… so I’m gonna try to organize them here while trying to make as much sense as I possibly can.

First of all, I realized what a blessing it was for me to receive the Holy Spirit when I was young and didn’t think of it as “weird” and wasn’t scared by it. I received it with childlike faith and trust in God, knowing that if it was in the Bible and Jesus’ disciples did it, and it was from God, then I wanted it! I know too many people that don’t believe in speaking in tongues because they think it’s weird among other things. But come on guys, if speaking in tongues is “weird” then so is healing and believing in a guy that dies and then came back to life… how can you accept some parts of Christianity but not the others? How can you pick and chose what you want to believe out of the Bible and what you don’t? It doesn’t work like that… Why do I believe in it? Well, besides having personally experienced it, having it and living it, IT’S IN THE BIBLE! And I’ve seen it work miracles too many times to deny its reality and power. The same thing with believing in God… it’s personal experience… like the song says, “I saw You breaking my fall, what am I supposed to do?” What else can I do but believe? How can I not believe?

Second, during worship, when Pastor Jude prayed, he asked us to pray for our “One”, the one person we want to come to know God before the end of the year. Now, when I first heard about this last year I couldn’t pick a “One” because I couldn’t choose between all of my friends. But now, I just prayed for God to choose for me. I asked Him who He wanted to be my “One”. As I was praying, I saw images of all my friends’ faces in front of me. Gradually, they all started fading away and there was only one face left. I got my answer! Don’t get me wrong, I’m totally claiming all of my friends for God and I believe they all will come to know Him, but now I know who will be the first and who He wants me to focus my prayers on right now, and that’s exciting!

Third, when I stood up to worship at the end of service and prayed in the spirit, I felt and heard God take me by the hand and tell me to come dream with Him. I was shocked and in awe… I couldn’t believe it was real… but it was… He told me to tell Him my dreams, to name names, to claim people and dreams… and I did… I named names… I named names that I used to think would never come to God, but I now know they will.

Another thing that came to me was the thought that I shouldn’t get discouraged when people don’t come to know God and His truth as soon as I tell them about it. I want things to happen right now, but maybe “NOW” is not God’s time for it…

There are two beautiful songs which I love and they have words that flow beautifully together…“You make me wanna live…” and “I love You more than life…” and that’s pretty much how I feel about God…

No comments: