Sunday, January 22, 2006

Seahawks, Mars Hill and Purity

Current mood: happy
Category: Life

HAWKS

I haven’t mentioned the Seahawks so far, but I guess now would be a good time to do so. I’m a loyal Patriots fan, since I’m from RI (New England), and while I lived there I watched them win three Superbowls… Nice, I know… don’t even get me started about the Red Sox LOL. But since I’ve moved out to Seattle, (and I do believe this has everything to do with me lol jk) the Seahawks proved to be a better team than the Patriots this season. THE SEAHAWKS ARE GOING TO THE SUPERBOWL! I’ll go even farther to state that THE SEAHAWKS WILL WIN THE SUPERBOWL! AMEN! How can I claim that? Well it’s quite simple really… GOD IS WITH THE SEAHAWKS! Now before you get all offended, let me explain… besides the fact that both Pastor Wendell and Pastor Judah are hopelessly obsessed (a holy obsession mind you) with the Seahawks and pray for them at practically every church service (and if you’ve ever heard those two men of God pray… well… you know God is listening… and answering), apparently two of the “important players” on the team, including Sean Alexander, are members of the City Church and are Christians. That’s right. Sean Alexander even came to GC this past Wednesday and you bet your bottom Pastor Judah laid hands upon him in prayer! So yea… any questions?

MH

Mars Hill was loony tonight! In a good way of course! I love that church and I love serving there it’s so fun and I’m really glad that God wants us to have fun at His house! Amen! Pastor Mark wasn’t there, so we got to watch a pretty neat video of him with his family and the newborn baby (all together now: AWWW) and then the video of the sermon from the 8:30 service. It was all business as usual besides having a lot less people because of the game, but the loonyness came after the sermon. So we are worshiping as usual, and then the band starts playing these old hymn songs to a western country tune. Man, it was just weird… and funny… I thought it was a joke at first… one of those, Are they serious? reactions you know haha… I mean it was kinda fun… people singing and laughing and some were even dancing, and others were kinda like me just looking around in bewilderment. The real kicker came after one of the pastors closed the service in prayer: they played “Eye of the Tiger” from Rocky III! LOL! I love that movie! And the song! I just wasn’t expecting to hear it in church! It was a huge hit though… a great time, a great night… amusement and fun had by all ;) now isn’t that what serving God is all about? Well ok no, but it’s still part of the package hehe!

PURITY

So Pastor Judah is doing this amazing series in GC and YP about learning to live pure and it’s so stinking good all of you need to download it and listen to it online @ www.generationchurch.org because I guarantee none of you have ever heard anything like this and it will completely change your life! So I’ve really been thinking a lot about the whole purity thing and God has been speaking volumes to me about it and it’s been really revelational and just so good and meaningful and deep, but I also have some questions/concerns. It’s ok to find the opposite sex attractive right? In a pure way I mean. Because City Church and Mars Hill are FULL of VERY attractive people and it’s impossible not to notice. I’m talking about both guys and girls. And unless you’re pure you can easily be coming to church for the wrong reasons, and even if you are pure, it’s hard not to think “God, is he/she the one?” every time you meet an attractive person of the opposite sex, and believe me, you will meet them! So is it just me who’s struggling with this? I’m totally trusting God and waiting on Him when it comes to this, especially after the message Jason preached at GC class today. I’m not choosing anything or anyone over God, but I guess I just need extra grace when it comes to finding people attractive… I dunno… I’m still figuring this out.

Currently listening :
Live in Seattle
By Shawn McDonald
Release date: 26 April, 2005

No comments: