Wednesday, January 25, 2006

GC - Uncensored

Current mood: enthralled
Category: Travel and Places

For all of you that have never been to GC and even others who might never get a chance to go, I want to give you an inside glimpse of the service that dominates my Wednesday and sometimes Thursday nights. The GC website www.generationchurch.org will tell you some of what to expect, but heres what you can only get by being there:

Locations - We have 4! Kirkland @ 7pm and UW (University of Washington) @ 9pm on Wednesdays and CD (Central District near SU (Seattle University)) @ 5pm and Plateau (Issaquah) @ 7pm on Thursdays.

Worship Worship is a lifestyle, its a sacrifice, it encompasses so many things that it would take a lot of space and a lot of time to even touch the tip of its significance, so right now I will only talk about the singing part of worship.

At GC worship (praise) and be summed up in one word: HILLSONG. Those Aussies from the Hillsong church in Australia sure know how to worship and sing to/about God. At GC we are lucky to have a partnership with them and have them visit us quite often.

Night and day I seek Your face
Long for You in the secret place
All I want in this life
Is to truly know You more...

As the waters cover the sea,
So Your love covers me
Guiding me on roads unknown
I trust in You alone

My Saving Grace
My endless love
Deeper and deeper I'm falling in love with You
My one desire, my only truth
Deeper and deeper I'm falling in love with You

And I will rise on wings of eagles
Soaring high above all my fears
I rest in Your open arms of love

Worship will be the first thing youll notice about GC. Its loud, fun, passionate, and there are no spectators. However, if youre unfamiliar with it, it will seem strange and different. Why are all these cool, hip, trendy young people, half of them guys, lifting up their hands and singing to a God whom they can not see? Why are their eyes closed and why are some of them crying? Or why are these people dancing in church? Why are they so happy, shouting and having so much fun? I must admit it took me some time to embrace GC worship. I never thought Id be like that. I used to think that those people were weird and that God did not approve of such behavior. I was totally against it actually until I understood. Understood what it felt like to have clean hands and a pure heart and stand blameless before God and feel his loving presence all around. What else can you do when you know what its like? What else but sing, shout, jump around and raise your arms in total and complete joy and freedom?! There are countless songs out there about love (which we cant see) and since God is love and we love Him it only makes sense to sing love songs to Him! And besides, He totally responds!

"And we'll be the dancing generation! Dancing because of Your great mercy Lord (Your great mercy Lord!)

And we'll be a shouting generation! Shouting because of Your great glory Lord (Your great glory Lord!)"

Preaching Pastor Judah is DA BOMB! Fo realz! He is hilarious, cool, hip, trendy, but most of all, he is a man of God who loves God and preaches His word with such intensity, honesty, passion and practicality, that it will change the way you view God. Its really the best preaching there is. Period.

People Kirkland service is pretty big (about 300 people) and is home to mostly junior high and high school students and their university leaders. Its fun because its loud with a lot of lights, worship choir (I sing in it every other week), and arcade games set up in the lobby.

UW is my home service which is mostly college students and graduates. It's huge! We take up all of Kane Hall (600 seats)!Its fun, with awesome worship and rated R version of the sermons hehe...

CD is small and intimate (less than a 100 people) with intense worship and Pastor Judah getting "real".

Never been to the Plateau... sorry... planning on it ... will let you know how it is ;)

Aight, so for those of you that are within 20 miles of any of the 4 GC locations, GET YO BIG BEHIND DOWN THERE and CHECK IT OUT FO YOSELF!

Currently listening :
God He Reigns: Live Worship From Hillsong Church
By Hillsong
Release date: 13 September, 2005

No comments: