Monday, January 9, 2006

More Than Just OK

Current mood: contemplative
Category: serious Friends

this whole weekend was a war... well, actually everyday is a war, but this weekend it was exposed. quick rundown:

fri-YP street witnessing in belltown... in the rain... i met some people who "knew" the truth, but the devil has his grip on them so tight that it was mixed in with lies, deceptions and illusions. theres a real bloody war going on for people's souls right in downtown Seattle, and its pretty vicious.

sat-GC Gathering... spiritual warfare at its worst... i felt it even as i was preparing for the worship and dance... that stuff glorifies God... its a huge weapon... the evil cant stand it... worship is the highest level of warfare... and the fight was on... pastor Luce painted a pretty clear picture of how God literally saved us out of a bloody battle for our souls that was inches away from destroying us, killing us not only spiritually, but physically as well.

sun-this week is a week of prayer... fasting and prayer... if there was ever a time to ask God something... anything... it is now. and you bet your _____ i'm asking for big things... i'm asking for AL, ML, FP, AA, RB, JN, JR, JI, DH, TP, AP, D, NB, MB, NL, MF, and others whom it would take hours to name... i'm asking for my family, for forgiveness, for healing, for restoration, for reconciliation, and for salvation. i'm aksing for my business, my finaces, my health, GC, CC, MH, and all the leaders. I'm aksing for Seattle, WA, Providence, and RI. I'm asking for miracles, for revelations, for divine interventions and encounters. I'm asking for being shook up, slapped in the face and awakened... i claim these things in Jesus' name and I will take them by force. i am a worrier and a soldier, and i have devotion, defiance and courage. i will not back down, give up or give in. every second counts, every day, every soul... everything... i know now that God brought me to Seattle for such a time as this. to know this, to live this, to be prepared, to make a difference.

Last night @ SU i was praying with RS and TR and the battle for my own soul became so clear and so real i was scared. i was getting freaked out actually, but i remembered that God is with me. He will keep and protect His chosen ones because He has a purpose for them to fulfill here on earth. Still, when i think about how many times God must have saved my life even when i did not know Him... How many times did i drive home drunk? how many times did i... yet He has kept me all this time... preserved me for such a time as this. and He will keep me still. He will break my fall each time i stumble and bring me back under His grace over and over and over again. He wont let me go, He wont let me backslide, He wont let me compromise, He will finish what He has started in me and He will fulfill His purpose for me. These things just must happen. God has already pre-destined it.

He is a prayer answering God, what can i say? we dont know when where and how, but we do know that He has, He does and He will. One of my prayers got answered last night, and it was a complete surprise. the answer came from where i didnt expect it to... KC funded my GC Retreat... so i guess God wants me to go... another thing... often God will supply our spiritual needs before the physical ones... we are, after all, spiritual being having a physical experience...

So i guess what i'm trying to say with the topic of this blog is that i'm more than just OK, i'm more than fine... despite everything, and also because of everything, i now know where i stand in this spiritual battle. the lines have been clearly drawn...

one more thing... sorry guys i know i'm all over the place, its just that i have so much going through my mind right now, i need a lot of blogs to express it all. RS, TR and i were talking last night about Hell and how people think they'll live forever, and now is the "right" time to get right with God. and how people "know" the truth yet do nothing about it. well what makes you so special? God has kept you alive and well until this day for a purpose... don't wait, you might not have tomorrow. the devil wants to kill and destroy young people by telling them that they have time, that they should wait because God is not going anywhere. Well God isnt... but you are... you are drifting farther and farther away from Him... closer and closer to the edge of Hell. How many times have I myself said those words? Not now, God, i havent turned 21 yet... not now God, i'm having too much fun... not now God, he's really cute and i really like Him... not now... until i got to the point where i was crying out... where are you God? i need You! i need You now! Help me! oh yea i got desperate for Him very quickly once i was dangled over the edge of depression and despair and thoughts of suicide. so what will it take for you? a brush with death? how many times has that already happened? come guys... dont you want to be more that just OK? more than fine? i know i do and i know i am... get in His presence... one thing about the presence of God... i dont care who you are, when He touches you, you will be changed! His touch is so powerful, so strong, yet so gentle and so loving.... theres no escape from it... and once He's got you, He's not letting go...and thats a promise...and theres no safer place to be....even when the enemy is plotting to kill, destroy and rip you out of His loving arms, its not going to happen... He's got you, and He will keep you... until the day you meet...

No comments: