Saturday, December 10, 2005

So This is What it's Like...

Current mood: crushed
Category: Life

So this is what it's like to be a Jesus Freak...

"...rejected indeed by men, but chosen by God and precious...But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light;"

I Peter 2:4,9

Everything looks different in the light... Last night I was rocked to the core yet again when God showed me where He rescued me from and what He has done in me. It was a hard and painful revelation to take in, but it showed me that God was indeed doing something amazing in my life.

How can people live without God? Better yet, how can Christians live without knowing and loving God? Last night I saw spiritual warfare so clearly that it scared me... I saw how the devil was hurting people, lying to them, destroying their lives... It hurt... Why? Lesley called it compassion... God gave me the spirit of intersession for those people... Why? Because I'm a Jesus Freak... I refuse to go back to where I've been and I refuse to stay where I am... I want to know God more and more, I long to be closer and closer to Him, to know Him more intimatly... to love Him deeper and deeper. No matter what it takes... Zero compromises, zero relaxation, zero complacency... Why?

"...but as He who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct, because it is written, 'Be holy for I am holy.'"

I Peter 1:15-16

I won't apologize for the love and passion I have for God. I won't back down or give in. I may be misunderstood, mocked, made fun of and rejected by those I love, but I wasn't the first one... and I won't be the last one.. and I'm not alone...


Currently listening :
Restored
By Jeremy Camp
Release date: 16 November, 2004



No comments: