Monday, December 19, 2005

Mission Trip

Current mood: nervous
Category: Travel and Places

no, this is not about the mission trip i want to take to south africa this summer... this is about the trip i'm taking tomorrow... back to RI... for 10 days... for Christmas and New Years...

GUYS PLEASE PRAY FOR ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok i admit it, i'm nervous... my last venture out of the safety of the church was less than pleasant and left me in tears... i'm sure this trip will do the same... dont get me wrong, i love and miss my RI friends and family A LOT! i'm very excited about seeing them and spending time with them again! i cant wait to hug them and talk to them face to face! the problem is that i'm not the same person anymore... i'm not the same girl that left in august... i know my friends know that, and i mentioned it to my dad as well, but this will hit them hard when they see it in person... i'm already trying to prepare myself for the temptations and struggles... i know i won't be accepted... this will totally be a mission trip... i'm praying that God will prepare me as well as my friends and i believe that He will... i believe that i will come back with a powerful testimony... however, i know i will experience hurt and disappointment as well as triumph... why? well... i love my friends... more so now than ever... and my dad and his wife... but i love God above all and i wont submit or conform to my old lifestyle... i'm even thinking about just not seeing or talking to certain people while i'm there... oh well it's all in God's hands... His will be done...

Father, just give me Your grace and Your strength to glorify Your name...

Currently listening :
Jesus Freak
By dc Talk
Release date: 21 November, 1995

No comments: