Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Pain and Suffering

Current mood: confused
Category: Friends

OK so I'm here and I'm seeing all my friends and spending time with them and catching up on everything... and it's depressing... Once again... my famous question... HOW CAN PEOPLE LIVE WITHOUT GOD? And the answer... MISERABLY... It seems like all of my friends are going through a really hard time right now... Heartbreak, depression, financial trouble and just plain old UNHAPPY! Oh sure, they try to put up a front and act like nothing is wrong but I know better... and it kills me to see them like that...

I saw Narnia last night and cried... then went home and read a chapter from C.S. Lewis' Mere Christianity. The reason it's taking me so long to get through this book is because it's so deep and I need to stop and think about what I just read in order for it to really sink in... Anyways I read about Lewis was trying to explain how God created us to get happiness from Him and how it simply doesn't exist apart form Him. When we ask Him to make us happy without Him, He can't because it's just not possible... So the moral of the story is that people need God... He is the only one that can complete them and make them happy... even in the times of stress and uncertainty in their lives... It's so frustrating because I ahve seeing my friends hurting and not being able to tell them, "Hey, I have the answer, well ok, not me but God does!" I mean that's what I've been telling them, but do they get it? I know I can't have a relationship with God for them... that's why it's so personal... So for now I'm just praying... filling up my prayer journal with prayers and intercessions for whoever God puts on my heart... and I believe of course! God is going to do wonderful things in their lives and they will know Him and they will know true happiness... !!!

Currently reading :
Mere Christianity
By C. S. Lewis
Release date: 05 February, 2001

No comments: