Friday, December 9, 2005

Kids (II)

Current mood: mellow
Category: Movies, TV, Celebrities

OK so I showed my kids a movie today after lunch, Joseph, King of Dreams, and I was amazed by how much I liked it even more so than the kids... I mean they absolutely loved the whole things, not having to work, the popcorn, the movie, cuddling up with me lol ;) what can i say, i love my students! but the movie just totally hit me in such a new way. I've always known Joseph's story, I heard it so may times, even preached in the church and yet seeing the movie and hearing the songs revealed it to me in such a powerful way it went straight to my heart and brought tears to my eyes. One of the songs in the movie pretty much summed up the whole thing: "You know better than me" and that is exactly what God has been walking me through lately: TRUST. One of my favorite Hillsong songs says "Your ways are better than mine, Your thoughts are higher than mine" No matter what's happening in our lives we need to trust God because His ways of doing things, thoughts, plans and purposes for us are better than our own. We can't even imagine what He has in store for us but we must trust that it is something amazing and He is always with us and our lives are in His hand and He is ALWAYS in control. I know it's hard somethimes to trust but the reward is so great how can we not?

No comments: