Friday, April 25, 2008

The Thoughts of a Good Friend...

One of my best friends wrote this and it's incredible... I totally endorse it :)



"I thought about this today considering the situation from yesterday and my thoughts…the way a man is able to touch a woman and look at a woman was designed for a relationship between man and wife where there is full-confidence, or an undying commitment to one another before God, family and friends. That very touch, that very look outside of the context of a God-blessed marriage or relationship can very well be manipulated into lust. All that God has meant to be a blessing, can very well be twisted to serve self. So what did I take from this:

· Do not be yoked with an unbeliever - I can sense when a person doesn't love God and I haven't asked for anything else in my prayers, so I bests not travel down that road. I've been down it 3 times and it wasn't good; your flesh/mind starts playing games thinking well maybe there is a chance – straight up lies. I passed this test much better than the previous experiences.

· I've been asked out on more dates by Non-Christian men than Christian men and I'm okay with that. Ultimately God knows what season I am in, I just need to listen and obey and not miss out on what he is trying to say to me.

Personal words……

Respecting me for who I am requires honoring my purity; respect me. I believe in being pursued for who I am beyond my beauty, shape, hair, eyes, and soft voice. Being pursued in time, building a friendship getting to know me for me and again keep my purity and giving me the time to get to know you.

I want someone to pursue and love me because of my genuine love for myself, for my God Lord Jesus, and for my friends and family, not because of my experiences, travel, where I work and what I like to do; these only compliment me, but do not define who I am.

Those three mentioned above take time to discover. If you want to kiss me or say I have to at least kiss you; that doesn't warrant anything, but only satisfies your temporal needs. You don't deserve that from me just because you think I'm cool or took me out on a date.

I feel that Christian women; holy women mentioned in 1 Peter 3 truly have to wait on God not compromising who we are… we carry the inner beauty of Jesus, of course we are attractive, but we trust God with our season and we know where we are suppose to be. We can't be yoked with unbelievers - there was a "click" in the external sense, but that person will never truly see me without knowing Jesus.

As women loved by God, we don't strive and hope for the attention of men, nor even fish for compliments; for it is God that tells me who I am, what I'm worth. I crave God's love, presence, daily revelation more than any relationship.

For all the single sisters out there sick of hearing, well one-day your husband will come just wait…. don't fish for the compliments of man, you have a relationship with the God of heaven who longs to whisper into your soul…. Tell me more Lord, tell me how much you love me, tell me why you smile at me, uncover what you have created in me; I'm yours

Blessed is the woman who remains steadfast under trial, because when she has stood the test, she will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him. When tempted, no one should say, God is tempting me For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone; but each one is tempted when, by his own evil desire, he is dragged away and enticed. Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death.

Don't be deceived, my dear sisters. Every good and perfect gift is from above coming down form the Father of the heavenly lights, who does no change like shifting shadows. He choose to give us birth through the word of truth, that we might be a kind of first fruits of all he created, a sample of what He created to be consecrated to himself.

James 1:12-18"

No comments: