Monday, April 14, 2008

I Only…

Not everyday… just when certain things happen… I’m perfectly happy with my life as is :) . But every once in a while…


I Only…


I only want to flirt when I know I won’t be rejected.

I only want to date when I like someone.

I only wish I had a boyfriend when I see Les and Drey praying together.

I only want someone to cuddle with when I see Marina and Tolik wrapped up in each other.

I only want to kiss when I buy new lip gloss.

I only want to be married when I witness a tender moment between John and Vita.

I only want to get frisky when I shop at VS.

I only want to have a baby when I hold Mendell.

I only want my own family when I watch Eva, Alex and Kaylan together.

I only feel single when I see all my friends finding their special someone...

1 comment:

Mike Carper said...

ah, the joys of spring...
Rebecca St James sings and talks about 'wait for me'


James 1:2-4 (MSG)
Consider it a sheer gift, friends, when tests and challenges come at you from all sides. You know that under pressure, your faith-life is forced into the open and shows its true colors. So don't try to get out of anything prematurely. Let it do its work so you become mature and well-developed, not deficient in any way.

Hebrews 12:2 (NLT)
We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, on whom our faith depends from start to finish....

Romans 5:3-5 (NKJV)
And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; and perseverance, character; and character, hope. Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us.

Romans 15:4 (NIV)
For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope.

Galatians 6:9 (AMP)
And let us not lose heart {and} grow weary {and} faint in acting nobly {and} doing right, for in due time {and} at the appointed season we shall reap, if we do not loosen {and} relax our courage {and} faint.

Ephesians 2:10 (NASB)
For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them.

Habakkuk 2:3 (ESV)
For still the vision awaits its appointed time; it hastens to the end it will not lie. If it seems slow, wait for it; it will surely come; it will not delay.

Psalms 27:14 (KJV)
Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.

Ran out of Bible translations...
BTW I stole most of these verses from this note. I blame it on the weekend sunshine and spring flowers... Winter hibernation is over in Seattle.


Material things can never replace it, only distract you for a short while. Place your trust in God.