Friday, April 25, 2008

The Random Ramblings of a Sleepy Mind

You know what's cool? I mean REALLY cool? How the pastor of the largest church in ALL of Europe was RIGHT in front of me last night... How he shook my hand, looked at me, talked to me, pulled me out in the front to use as an example... how he was even at our brand new baby church to begin with! I'm sorry if you can't catch my pure AWE of this... This guy really is HUGE, a legend, a first class speaker, in short, a BIG DEAL! I remember 2 years ago when he came to the City Church Global Strategy Conference, he was the only one I really cared about hearing... But since I was volunteering in the pastor's lounge during the times he spoke, I completely missed him... I was more than disappointed and upset... But God knew my desire and rewarded me for my faithfulness in serving :) I actually got to meet him and talk to him in the lobby between sessions and he even laid hands on me and prayed for me... So that's why I was so excited to see him at my new church where I am actually living out what he prayed over me... Pretty amazing, huh?

You know what else is cool? Our youth... Every Thursday since we started our youth services, at least one person gave their life to Jesus every week... Tonight it was 3 people... I absolutely love it... We have about 50+ crazy, passionate, radical young people who give their all to God and it shows... We love God and we love each other... but most importantly, we love people :) Lives are literally being changed and there's nothing more exciting than that :D!

I love our leadership team... We are growing so close to each other in our unified purpose of reaching this area... We are the engine that propels our young people to do what they do... We know it starts with us, so we have to not only set a proper example in public, but also sacrifice much in private...

I don't want to waste my life, nor do I want to just spend it... I want to invest it in order to make history... I will leave a legacy, an eternal mark, no matter what it costs... And I know what it's already costing me right now...

You can't make yourself love someone, nor can you make yourself stop loving someone, or make someone love you. True, you can manipulate yourself in or out of someone's heart, but genuinely speaking, if it's real... and based on more than just fickle emotions, love can not be ignited or quenched by human efforts (Song of Solomon 8:6-7).

I just realized that I was rejected for the same reason I was initially liked... So ironic and sad... I am who I am and the way I am because of Christ in my life... and yet...

Some cool stuff I heard and read recently:

God is not an idea, concept, or theory to be considered. He is a person to have a relationship with.

Pray. If it matters to you, it matters to Him... (I've been praying A LOT lately...)

Faith moves heaven to move earth.

Too much else to put it all in here... God is good :) I trust Him in the midst of all this hard stuff... I've let go so that He could do what I can't... Daddy... You're awesome!

No comments: