Sunday, April 27, 2008

This is just like You...

I just have to get this out before I go to bed. Super excited to sub for the first time tomorrow :) 8th grade SS, should be fun :P Up at 5 am, but anyway, I absolutely must share this:

You know the snow storm we had a couple of Friday's ago? In the middle of April? Well here's why... Very early that morning, this happened: http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/359615_crash19.html?source=rss

One of the girls from our church is neighbors with that family. It's a big, Russian, Christian family with 14 kids...

This morning one of my students in the NewBe class who is friends with their neighbor shared this and I could hardly teach the lesson after what she said...

When the police came to the family's house to tell them about the death of their father, the youngest girl who is 9 years old went and hid in the basement of the house and when they found her, this is what she was praying:

Dear God, why did You take my daddy? I know that You're a good God and You only take good people to heaven and I know my daddy was a good guy, but I just have to know that he really is in heaven with You... Please give me a sign and show me that he really is... Please make it thunder, lightning and snow today, in the middle of April...

And it did... And Everett got the worst of it...

When Alesya finished telling the story, I could barely hold back tears... All I could think of was, this is really just like You, God... You would so totally do something like this... This is how much You love us... You would move heaven and earth to show us Your love... This is exactly what You did when You sent Jesus... This is exactly what You did when Jesus made a pit stop at His grave on His way to heaven right after being resurrected just to comfort Mary... This is exactly what You did for me last night when You drew me away from my friends and to YP, just to talk to me, spend time with me, and comfort me... This is just like You... You show us Your love in ways only we can understand and appreciate... That's why You are such a personal God... Thank You... I love You...

No comments: