Friday, August 22, 2008

Narnia

I watched the first Narnia movie tonight at youth service, and it was like watching it with different eyes. It was probably my 3rd or 4th time watching it actually, so I was very familiar with the story line, but still, it was as if I was hearing and seeing everything for the first time. I think I had tears in my eyes almost the whole entire movie... I think tonight, for the first time I've picked up on scenes, undertones and lines that I've never noticed before and it took on a whole new meaning for me. Also, having watched the sequel twice already, it helped me understand it better and gave me something to compare it to. So quickly, here are some things that have really stood out for me:

* The logic of Christianity... it is SO very reasonable

*Faith. You really CAN believe

*Love and Sacrifice... They are synonyms

*Hope and trust in God :) He knows what He is doing

*The pain of betrayal... having recently experienced that, it was like salt on the wound

*We ALWAYS have a choice

*Forget the past and move on. What's done is done

*Salvation, redemption and forgiveness... It's quite beautiful

* My God is GOOD. And I love Him...

No comments: