Tuesday, August 5, 2008

I Live for This...

This past Sunday we had a Water Baptism service for 9 of our young people, all of them graduates of the NewBe class Lina and I teach :) Needless to say, I couldn't have been more proud... Later on, in church, one of the girls sang this song, to once again vocalize the love and commitment she expressed to God earlier at the lake... It was beautiful and reminded me of my own baptism and the promise I made to God that day... The lyrics alone don't do it justice, but they do express it like nothing else...

I Live for You - Rachel Lampa

You have spoken in the sunset
You have whispered words of comfort in the wind
You know everything about me
Before my life began,
You held me in Your hand

You have walked these roads before me
You know all the pain a broken heart can bear
Won't You help me now to trust You
Every single day, I'll follow in Your way

I live for You, I live for You
When I think of all your love has done for me
I live for You
Never looking back to what life used to be
I live for You
And everything I ever thought was mine
I'd give it all away to have You in my life

I see You in the crystal waters
And I have felt You in the dark of my despair
You have shown a love unfailing
River running deep
That's welling up in me

I know it's gonna take a sacrifice
I want to see the world through Your eyes
I'll live for You the rest of my life


Before that, we also sang one of my favorite worship songs and it has stuck a place within me that is a bit weak and going through some hard things right now and really needed this confirmation of what I need to do, where my faith is, what matters, and what it is that I stand on.

Stand by everything You said

(I stand on the promises of God's Word for my life. I believe that He is more than able and willing to do everything that His Word says, in and through me)


Stand by the promises we made

(I will honor the commitment I made to God the day I got baptised. I will honor my promise to live for Him with a clean and pure conscience)


Let go of everything I've done

(Yea, I've made my share of mistakes since then, but I will let them go and move on, they do not have a hold on me and will not be repeated)


I'll run into Your open arms

(Because there is nowhere else for me to go. I will not run to a bar to ease my pain with a few shots of Tequila, nor will I run to a club to find comfort in the arms of a hot stranger. Those days are over and there is no going back. There is only one place for me to go now.)

And all I know...

(I've never been more sure of anything else)

I love You more than life...

(Because You ARE my life...)



Tricia made me listen to this last song night. She said I was being too hard on myself... I guess I do that sometimes... These lyrics are powerful though... They def broke through for me :)

Let Me Love You - Third Day

Ever since the world around you shattered
You've been looking everywhere for something more
Sometimes you feel like your life doesn't matter
But it does I tell you it does.

C'mon let Me love you now
C'mon let Me love you
And hold you through the storms
I will keep you safe and warm.
C'mon let Me love you
And kiss away your tears
I will always be here
C'mon let Me love you.

Yesterday you found your heart was broken
And tomorrow doesn't leave much room for hope.
Today you'll find that
My arms are wide open
And My heart, My heart is full of love.

Give up on all the other things
'Cause My love can bring you more
And if you take a chance on Me
I'll give you what you're looking for.

No comments: