Friday, December 1, 2006

The Longest Day...

Current mood: exhausted
Category: Jobs, Work, Careers

i'm still at school... about to leave though and finish the rest of the work at home over the weekend because i've just about had it today ! today was the day i moved half of my kids up to Ally's class and took on Mrs. Jones class in addition to what was left of mine... so I have a much bigger class now. so the whole time after luch i was preoccupied with new sitting charts, goal charts, files and other massive amounts of paperwork which i'm still not done with ... when i told my kids they were leaving some were excited (the boys) and the some (the girls) just went to hug me... it was sweet... i think i smiled through my tears when Lera said, "If I'm supposed to happy about this, I'm not!" and then Luiza asked me if she was still in my class and when i said "Yes" she said, "Whew! I'm glad! You're the best teacher in the world, I want to be in your class." That just about made me melt... and this is the girl who has failed her latest math workbook 3 times now... and yet she loves me lol

so yea... all in a day's work of a teacher... i'm so sad now... i'm gonna miss my 7 little rascals... and these new kids... i'm afraid to say that besides yelling at them to sit down, be quiet , not to run and patching up their playground wounds, i've had little interaction with them and don't really know them... i know they are excited to be with me now but also sad to miss Mrs. Jones so i imagine the next few weeks will be the adjusting period for both of us...

so yea... i'm all emotionally drained now lol and i have a full night ahead of me... Jesus help me! oh and i got two roses today from the two boys in my class who are leaving to be home schooled... i love my job! good byes and everything... these kids love me more than any guy could lol !

No comments: