Monday, December 11, 2006

Define me not ;)

Current mood: busy
Category: Life

This weekend I noticed something interesting... the way that my friends and the people around me see me is not quite the way I "define" myself. At least that's not how I used to think about myself. Sure, there may be some truth to what they say but it's only a small part of who I am and not the whole package. It's like those personality quizzes that are supposed to tell you things you "didn't" already know about yourself. I have to say that I agree with the ones I have on my page (or else they wouldn't be there). So here's what I heard this weekend and from previous conversations:

I'm sensitive – yes, its true I suppose, in a way. I'm very sensitive to the things of God and I'm sensitive to my feelings and to the feelings of others, so it's a good thing. Right?

I have a strong personality – haha yes, I suppose I do! What does that really mean though? Am I stubborn? Yes. Control freak? Sure. Outspoken? I can be if I'm not concerned about hurting people's feelings. Honest? Brutally. In a very sarcastic way LOL. What else? Do I care what people will say/think? Not really. Not unless I'm close to them and even then sometimes I don't. I guess you can say I speak my mind (Duh, just read my blogs!).

I'm an open book – very true. Like I said, I speak my mind and I'm quick to share my heart with my friends. If I love and trust you, you'll always know what's going on with me. I don't hide my true thoughts/feelings very well. Yes, I can act, but I'm a terrible liar.

I'm funny – not sure if it's something I do or who I am. I suppose I say and do funny things all the time. I love to laugh and make others laugh. Does that make me funny?

I'm a "people person" – as cliché as it sound, it's very true. I love people! I love my friends and I love making new ones! I guess I really am the kind of person who wants to be everyone's friend. HAHA because I think everyone should want to be friends with me!!! Why wouldn't they?!

Hmmm... what else? There's more, but these are the comments that stand out the most. They are all true I suppose, but they are just parts of me, small glimpses into who I am. I don't define myself by these qualities and I don't want others too. I hate being judged, evaluated, sized up and "defined" by those who think they know me but really have no idea. Please don't think that you know me if you haven't spent any quality one on one time with me (or read ALL my blogs lol jk).

So how do I "define" myself? Three words: Woman of God.

I'm complicated. LOL what girl isn't?! ;)

Currently listening :
Mighty to Save
By Hillsong
Release date: 05 September, 2006

No comments: