Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Reflections of a Bridesmaid...

This Saturday I was in my first wedding :) Ok, so not "my" wedding, but I was a bridesmaid for two of my good friends, Dima and Marina. It was quite an exciting experience and I'm glad I was there to get an inside look at their big day :) For the most part, it was a blast! It just so happened to be the hottest day and we were out in the sun for a good part of the morning/afternoon, so I did get a little burned, but it was worth all the fun we had! My feet totally killed after walking in heels for hours on the the most unfriendly terrain for killer pictures (I friggin' had to rock climb in heels!) and I was in serious need of bandaids by reception time, but I still danced with Dimka and it was awesome!!!

So without further delay, here are some highlights of things that made an impression on me:

*The guys really took care of us, girls :) I don't know if it's a Russian thing or not, but all the guys were really looking out for the girls. From the moment they arrived to pick us up in the limo they were being so sweet, telling us how beautiful we looked, buying us iced coffee when we got too hot during the phone shoots, carrying us, helping us, holding our hand when we were walking, serving us at the reception, helping us in and out of the limo, holding our flowers for us, it was so chivalrous, I literally felt like a princess the whole time :) My groomsman was a real prince considering he did my hair that morning as well :) I heart my Dimka!

*I'm not gonna lie, I loved having pictures of me taken all day :P Russians are picture crazy :) And we took the funnest pictures in the coolest places... we were just hanging out at the Space Needle, walking around and they let us go on the carousel for free... it was so fun!

*Dima and Marina are the cutest, sweetest couple ever!!! I'm so happy for them :) I remember when I met them at camp, I thought they were way too crazy about each other...but their 3+ year relationship has been nothing but pure (at least on Marina's part anyway :P) from the beginning. They did it the right way and are now enjoying what they've waited for ;) It was so funny, right after the marriage ceremony at the church, as soon as they got back in the limo they started making out! We were all like, guys, save it for later, and they were like, no, we've waited long enough lol, it was so funny yet so sweet and innocent because it was so pure... Throughout the entire week before the wedding, and the entire day of the wedding, all Dima could talk about was finally having sex lol even though he was half joking and half serious, I give the guy LOTS of credit... he did wait for the girl for 3 years... And on their wedding day he literally carried her in his arms the whole time :) It was super sweet... And when they were saying the vows they wrote for each other not a single eye was dry in the church... So yea... it was worth it...

So what else...? It was really weird being in the wedding, seeing everything that happens behind the scenes, all the work, the preparations, the stress... it was interesting... It was fun being a part of it, I think I'd def want to do it again :)

No comments: