Monday, July 21, 2008

Part II

God really drove His point home this weekend... You know how when you keep hearing the same thing over and over again from different sources it just confirms it? Well that's what's been happening the last 2 days. I went to Shabbat on Saturday (I haven't been in months) and Ronnie was talking about not being equally yoked, of all things! I talked to him after the service and was just like, what even made you talk about it today of all days? His answer: God... Go figure... So I told him a bit of what's been going on with me and he just confirmed what everyone else has been saying.

God's grace has been unbelievable so far...

Yesterday, Sunday, church was unbelievable... John was talking about God's grace and how He is the one who is after us, how He is even more excited about us than we are about Him, how He loves us so much more than we can even imagine, how He just wants our hearts, how He's after our hearts and will do anything to be in relationship with us, have our worship and have us understand His grace.

I finished the book last night, and that's where I got somewhat stumped... As I reached the end of it, it wasn't what I expected... 33 chapters of how it could never be and the 34th of how it can... The last chapter was completely different from all the rest and even made me wonder if the author was aware it was there... As I kept reading and re-reading it, I almost felt mocked... How can a situation be so similar, yet so different... how can the seemingly impossible still come to pass? I know it's happened before, I've heard and read stories about this "exception to the rule", and here was perhaps the most beautiful one of them all... Why give me this glimmer of hope after going through the entire book and accepting the seemingly inevitable? Because God is good, and if He wants to, He can... I'm still not sure what to make of this chapter... I don't want false hope, and that is why my hope is in God alone, not in the chance that things might work out. Either scenario won't change my relationship with Him, and I think that's the place where He wants my heart to be regardless of the outcome.

No comments: