Monday, July 14, 2008

3 Days of Love

Friday: Ben and Laura's Wedding:

It was by far the most beautiful, holy, pure, sweet, innocent wedding I have ever been to. Now, I go to Christian weddings all the time. In fact, I've only been to a couple of non-Christian weddings so far and let me tell you, they can't even hold a candle to the purity of love that I see in my friend's faces when they acknowledge, in front of all their guests, that it was God who brought them together and that it is their individual love for Him that their love for each other is based on.
Ben - I'm so happy for him and so very proud of him. I respect, honor and value him a great deal as an amazing friend. He has been there for me so many times and we have had a lot of fun together. He is truly a man of God, above reproach and he really does deserve Laura :)
Laura - I'm in awe of this girl's purity and how she has kept not only her body, but her heart untouched and whole for Ben. She has made sure that Ben would be the only man to not only have her body but her heart as well, and I salute that. She is a real gem and I couldn't have picked a more perfect girl for Ben :)

Saturday: Jamie and Kwadwo's Engagement Party:

Kwadwo is the one who introduced me to Ben, and I knew Jamie from the GC Dance Team. I loved them both dearly and knew they were good friends, but never ever thought they would end up together. In fact, I remember the day Kwadwo told me that he has asked Jamie to be his girlfriend I was shocked. Happy for them, but still very surprised. Now, of course, I can't imagine them with anyone else :) They are so clearly ridiculously in love, it's beautiful! A little different from Ben and Laura, but just as pure. They are a very fun couple and I love being around them. Their favorite activity is making out lol and I salute that too :P

Sunday: Image Youth Camp:

During the pre-service prayer, we were instucted to pray with one other person, so I grabbed Nathy, one of my newer girls, and started praying for her. As I was praying, we both started crying and as I was just speaking into her life, it hit me: Wow, I really love this girl... No surprise there, because prayer really bonds people together. That's why couples are discouraged from praying together until they are at least engaged and married couples are encouraged to pray together as often as they possibly can. The reason I'm so close with so many of my friends is because we are constantly praying with and for each other. When I'm praying with someone, that's when the love and the passion come and often, that's when the tears come.
At the end of service, as John was wrapping up, Sveta and I were sitting at the altar together, just holding each other and crying together, praying for each other and speaking into each other's lives. It was powerful :P She later told me that during this time she just felt such a compassionate love for the youth, like she was ready to lay her life down for them... I welcomed her to the club :) I really am ready and willing to lay my life down for my church, my pastors, my girls, my friends, my ministry... That's love... God's love poured out in our hearts... Supernatural, unconditional love... Love that conquers all.

No comments: