Friday, March 14, 2008

Let my walk speak loud, let my words be true...

I'm back... Back in my perfect world with my perfect friends, perfect neighborhood and a perfect community of people who are just like me and who love and adore me... Ok maybe not "perfect", but close enough... I think I needed to get out...
This was a good visit... It was very different, and very moving... Before I left, John prayed for me, asking God to give me a pleasant surprise, something unexpected that would make me happy... I think God gave me several :) It was mind blowing to see God working in the lives of my friends and family. I know they were all very skeptical two years ago, probably placing bets on how long the "new Anna" will last, but as they continually saw me living my life out with consistency, without compromise, they've come to believe that what I have is real... I know it's still puzzling for them because they see that I'm still me, and they don't quite understand what happened, but I know they are happy for me and, dare I say, prefer me this way :) Even though I've had amazing talks with all my friends and family, I really didn't have to say a whole lot on this trip... I didn't preach or even mention God much... But I guess the way I live my life spoke for itself because the result was beyond what I had even hoped.
The change in April's life, Johnny's maturity and desire to come back to church, Joe's new decisions, going to church with Michellynne, bonding with my sister's boyfriend... even the change in her own life... And then making a new friend on the flight back... I can't even get into all the positive changes in my friends' lives... The friends that used to lovingly (and some not so lovingly) tease me and make fun of me before, were now seeking me out, asking for my advice, wanting my opinion, looking up to me with respect and admiration, asking me to pray for them and meaning it...
John always stresses the importance of being transparent. Of living your life in such a way that you don't have to say much, letting your life speak for itself... It's everything... having nothing to hide, always willing and ready to share your life with anyone, because it's pure and nothing needs to be censored. Am I perfect? No way, far from it! I'll be the first to admit my own struggles and weaknesses. I keep it real :) It's the only way, really... It's all or nothing.

No comments: