Sunday, March 16, 2008

Ahhhhh!!!

Sorry guys, I'm working on a really cool blog right now, but I just have to get this out first!

I really hate having divorced parents... Besides the fact that it's extremely inconvenient (one on the east coast, one on the west coast) I hate being the in-between communicator. I'm actually not, because I simply refuse to do it, but nevertheless, both sets still try. It especially gets bad right before and right after one of my trips to visit whichever parent I'm staying with at the moment. They keep asking me how the other one is doing and I guess my question is, "Why do you care?" In all honesty, you are divorced, and one of you is remarried with a whole new family... You've made your choices, now live with the consequences... Yes, I realize you've spent 20+ years together, but now it's over and it's been over for several years now, so please move on and forget about each other. Checking up on and hearing about how the other one is doing is really not helping. Yes, you share 2 children, but we are adults now and are capable of having completely separate relationships with each parent. We actually prefer it that way. I love both of my parents very much and I even love my stepmom, but I hate being in between them. If you want to ask my dad something, please do it yourself! If you want to know where my mom works, call her yourself, I'll be more than happy to give you our house number! Seriously, I hate feeling like I'm the adult in my relationships with my parents! After all, who has their child translate at their parents' divorce hearing and then be a witness at their remarriage wedding?! Am I wrong?! Please tell me if I am... And then they get mad at me because I don't want to provide any information or relay messages... Sorry... You are supposed to be adults... I'm neutral territory, I plead the fifth...

My trip to Jiffy Lube today reminded me once again how I really wish I had a guy in my life to just take care of my car! LOL! Seriously, that's really important to me because I'm your typical girl when it comes to cars and I don't really like doing the "car" stuff besides driving :/...

Lastly... I miss salsa :(... Not sure if it's the people or the dancing... I know it's not the music, because I still listen to it... maybe if I stop that... It's only been a month, and it was easy at first, but now I feel drawn back... and yet I don't think it's the right time to go back, or if it ever will be. Lord help me, I really don't want to frustrate myself over this again... What gives?!

1 comment:

Mike Carper said...

Congratulations with the oil change!

Yes salsa, we need to go do it again soon.