Monday, July 10, 2006

City Kids Camp

Current mood: awake
Category: Life

Song that was always stuck in my head: I pledge!

Most overused phrase: Line up!

Games: My team didnt get to play all of them L. The egg game was pretty cool I learned a lot of camp games from other counselors though and that was fun!

Crafts: They were aight I really liked making the stepping stones.

People: Other counselors, volunteers and workers were pretty cool for the most part. Inters were awesome! I didnt know a whole lot of people, but by the end of camp I met, became friends with, and got closer to some pretty neat folks LOL J!

Kids: I had 8 3rd grade girls and they were super cute! We pretty much instantly fell in love with each other! I didnt really have any problems with them. A few tried testing me but I set them straight right away J. I really enjoyed them and I miss them L I hope to see all of them again soon.

Church: I absolutely love Pastors Leon and Ryan! They are amazing! I really enjoyed the church services! The skits were very funny and entertaining and the messages were very well broken down for kids! Church was great!

Worship: IT WAS SO FUN! I loved all the dancing, jumping and silly fun stuff! I really enjoyed it, even more than the kids J! It was awesome exercise too!

Prayer: I wish there was more of it morning prayer rocked and it totally blessed me, but I didnt really get to pray for my girls all that much and I just felt like there wasnt enough altar time maybe because the kids were so young?

Food: It was ok... Im all set with pizza for a while, but other than that it was pretty good.

Favorite memory: Prayer Tunnel! I was seriously touched by God and then right after that we had to go to snack! Come on now! Whatever happened to basking in the presence of God?

Tubing was really fun too! I totally loved it!

Funniest moment: My girls said and did funny stuff all the time, but nothing that really stands out there were some funny moments when we went tubing, but I think I better keep those to myself...

Overall: It was my first time being a camp counselor and it was an awesome experience that has definitely taught me a lot. I got super blessed!

No comments: