Thursday, July 20, 2006

Post GC Randomness

Current mood: awake
Category: Life

yea i totally need to be sleeping right now, but i have way too much on my mind... so here i am... doing YADA stuff (YP) and blogging away in hopes that if i spill my heart out the stuff in it might somehow make sense... so here goes nothing...

J woke me up this morning (ok so it was very late morning, but still) and i spent about an hour on the phone with him just speaking wisdom and hope into his life. i totally got to share God's view on relationships (and why his failed) and even how God is working on that area in my own life and why I'm making the choices I'm making right now. it was really cool how J was responding to everything i said... i know God is softening and healing his heart. he wants to come visit and i hope he does soon... once i get this boy to GC or YP i know he's SO getting saved! even if i have to grag him to the altar lol :)

My good day continued as I met B at Volunteer Park for some catch up chillaxin time in the sun. we were sitting on that "black sun" thing right across from the SAAM, by the water, just talking about God and what was going on in our lives when "the guys" started showing up. at first i thought that it was just a few friends meeting up for a run, but 3 turned into 7 and then 10 and before we knew it we were literally surrounded by like 20 men in short running shorts with perfect bodies (and some perfect faces). there was something wrong though... the way these guys greeted each other was not very... "manly"... close, full body hugs and pecks on cheeks are fine for girls, but if guys do it it can only mean one thing... Yup... well what did i expect? this was Capitol Hill after all... so when it finally hits me i text B (i couldnt say anything because they were so close) "do you realize we are surrounded by gay men?" and she looks at me and responds like its nothing "yup!" so then i bust out laughing because now i think that its the coolest, funniest thing ever! I mean seriously! just picture it! so then the only woman that was there comes over to us and asks us if we're there for the run because she is not used to seeing many other girls there. so i have a moment of panic because i dont want anyone to think that B and I are gay, but i relax as soon as i realize that I'm wearing my WWJD cross necklace. we start talking to the woman and the guys around us and they tell us that they are a part of FrontRunners Run with Pride club of Seattle (check out http://www.seattlefrontrunners.org for more info) and we happen to be right smack in the middle of their meeting place. Side note: it took B and I a while to decide where to meet, so now i'm thinking, God, You are SO funny, this is totally You! we continue talking to each other (being really friendly and all) and they tell us more about the club and invite us to check them out and join them next time. SO HERE'S WHAT I'M THINKING: i absolutely, completely and totally love gay men... they are the funnier, friendlier, cooler version of metro guys minus the snooty attitude. so yea, i would LOVE to spend a couple of hours in their company once a week showing them the love of God! what an amazing ministry would that be?! these people probably have a completely messed up view of Christians, Christianity and God. they need to know and be around people who can show them who God is without any prejudice or condemnation. so what do you think? are you in? i'm seriously going to pray about this... God knows I can't run for nothing, but I love these guys already and i really feel that this is something God has shown me for a reason... its on my heart now and i wont be able to rest until i do something about it...

Then i came home and my mom told me the latest development in the Kirkalnd fire: it was a murder... so i lost it... all i could think about was John and Vita and how amazing they are and how much i love them and i cant even imagine what they are going through... losing your family to a fire is bad enough, but to a violent, brutal murder? how much more pain can a family handle?

Lastly... tonight's GC service was right on the money lol... even in light of my new fast... it was pretty random, but i guess thats how God works...

one thing's for sure... i'm changing the world with or without a man... my life will not be put on hold because of my feelings and desires... if God wants every guy in my life to be "just a friend" because that's how i can serve Him better, then that's fine with me. if by being single i can further the kingdom of God, then that's what i want... Lord Jesus, give me the strength LOL! :)

Currently listening :
Time Well Wasted
By Brad Paisley
Release date: 16 August, 2005

No comments: