Tuesday, July 18, 2006

A New Perspective

Current mood: thoughtful
Category: Life

my best friend J from RI called me today completely devasted and brokenhearted because he broke up with his girlfriend... i've never seen him like this...

my principal's (who is also my mentor/youth pastor/substitute dad) wife's (who is a dear friend) two sisters died in a fire yesterday along with two kids... i just found out today at school... a tradgedy beyond words... the father/husband is fighting in Iraq...

at the homeless outreach tonight i saw living/existing conditions that are unimaginable and the pain of hopelessness in people's eyes that cant be described... i saw anger, disillusionment and despair as people tried to hold on to their last shred of dignity. people high and drunk in an effort to escape reality... none of it was pretty...

everytime i talk to one of my peeps from RI i hear the same thing... life is full of struggles...

last night i pretty randomly downloaded and listened to a sermon on suffering, how it matures us in our walk with Christ... and today i got to see some suffering... all people suffer, Christians or not, bad things happen to all people, myself included. its all in how we respond to it i guess... God is always in control and nothing catches Him by surprise.

when my non-Christian friends complain to me about their lives and especially their relationships, its easy for me to see why they are not happy and why things go wrong for them in their lives. its much harder to accept when things go wrong in the lives of people that love God and are serving Him.

so what am i to do? my heart goes out to all my friends/loved ones and even strangers that i see hurting... what can i do? although prayer is most powerful, i'm a woman of action as well lol. can laying aside my own problems, struggles and feelings and just loving on the hurting, letting them know youre there, that you accept them as they are, that youll do anything possible to ease their pain be enough? can a smile, a kind word, a hug, or even just being there on the phone and not saying anything show people God's love?

i want to do that... i want to be the one showing poeple God's love when they doubt it the most...

Currently listening :
Ripen
By Shawn McDonald
Release date: 07 March, 2006

No comments: