Saturday, January 24, 2009

Hot Dads

There are a lot of them at the school where the 6 year old I nanny goes... It was quite shocking for me at first to see them there... Dropping off and picking up their kids, being in the classroom, on the playground, holding backpacks, lunch boxes and art projects... It's very fascinating. It was like, you're (semi) young, (very) good looking, well dressed, and a dad?! Naturally, my next question was, are you also a husband?! A quick glance at their left hand ring finger assured me that most of them, in fact, were. Aww, how sweet! A few of them, however, were missing that gold/platinum band... Hmm... so are you a big brother then? An uncle? A babysitter? A single dad? A widow? A divorced parent? In any case, the absence of a wedding band on a ring finger means single, which also often means available. Which then gets me thinking, would I, could I, should I? Be with someone who already has a child, that is...

There are already so many things to consider when it comes to dating, and throwing a child into the mix makes it all the more complicated... Baby mama drama is one thing... The circumstances are everything. I don't think I've ever had a serious crush on or seriously considered dating someone who already had a child from a previous relationship/marriage. Just too complicated I guess... Never appealed to me no matter how good looking the guy was. Not that I'm ruling it out completely, but it just seems so hard!

I haven't really connected with many parents at the school yet, even though I see them everyday. I think the fact that I'm not an actual "parent" has something to do with it. I also haven't been hit on by any dads, with or without a wedding band. Thank God, because that would have been just awkward. But still, you never know, and I must admit that I find at least one of those "single" dads very attractive. If it turns out that we actually talk and connect, and he can dance... But it's too much to think about right now... I was just toying with this cool idea in my head, that there are a lot of really cool, hot dads out there who also happen to be very cool, hot husbands :) It gives me hope... It's just encouraging :)

1 comment:

gone said...

Lol, you are so funny, yet you are right!

I think that after all that type of Dad's are the ones we are praying to find for our own children! ;) I mean the fact of being there for the children makes them really attractive!

I guess the idea of a single father, doesn't seem to be that bad... Though, it weights down a bit when we know under what circunstances he came to end as a "single father!".


Bless you chica!=)