Tuesday, June 8, 2010

We Talked :)

He knows me so well... And He speaks to me in ways He knows I'll understand... Through music :) It's amazing what one can hear once you're actually ready to hear it... The songs I've been listening to for years, and haven't heard in years, the songs that I haven't really thought that much of before... Hearing them now, it's loud and clear... God speaking directly to my heart... Into my situation... Giving me the words I can't quite find on my own...

Jaci Velasquez
Album: Heavenly Place
Flower In The Rain


You are the one, there's no one else
Who lifts me up and gives me water from the well.
But there's a hole that seems to drain it all away.
And once again I'm left in fear and doubt
When all my strength is crying out.

So, here I am again
Willing to be opened up and broken like a flower in the rain.
Tell me what have I to do to die and then be raised,
To reach beyond the pain like a flower in the rain?

The evil wind, it blows a storm to rock my world
Just when think I'm safe and warm.
I'm led astray far too easily.
It's always hard for me to see I'm wrong,
Until I know I can't go on.


Lord, You have searched me and know
When I sleep and when I rise.
You're familiar with all my ways.
Even the darkness will shine
Like the day when You look into my heart.





Jaci Velasquez
Album: Heavenly Place
Shelter


How the mind can wander, how the heart can stray.
Suddenly you're on the edge of darkness.
How it makes me ponder, how I'm led away
Down a path that leaves me worn and tarnished.
Battling with the will within,
I have known all along that I should lean on You.
'Cause I'm never strong enough to fight it on my own.

Shelter me, the ways of the world are at my feet.
Shelter me from the desires that deceive.
You are the fortress I need, shelter me.

Well, how the mind can alter, how the heart can change,
When you set your sights on holiness.
And though at times you falter, it's the only way
You can find a place of peace to rest.
Safe from danger surrounding me,
Safe from looming defeat
When temptation is at my door,
Lord, I need a harbor, be my soul's retreat.


You will never leave me stranded, fending for myself.
When the enemy advances, You are there to help,
Standing in the gap for me whenever I grow weak.
You are my deliverer, the refuge that I seek.

No comments: