Saturday, May 24, 2008

Proof of life

I watched the Narnia, Prince Caspian movie for the 2nd time tonight and my favorite quote was from my favorite character, Lucy, who seemed to be the bridge to Aslan. "Maybe we are the ones who need to prove ourselves to Him." This line rocked me because so many people are looking for proof before they are willing to believe. Even Jesus, who did so many miracles, was badgered for proof from the pharisees. It's one thing to see God doing things in the lives of others, but as long as your own life remains unchanged it's easy to dismiss it and write it off as irrelevant and unreal. Proof must be personal in order to produce faith... and yet, Jesus said, "Blessed are those who have not seen, and yet believed."

Do miracles produce faith or are they produced by faith? I believe it's the later... Faith is what moves God. Not need... faith. Even if God never does another miracle for me for as long as I live, I will still believe in Him. Why? Because He has already done so much... Everyday is proof... the fact that I'm alive right now is proof... I see the proof in everything that surrounds me. Nature, my friends, the changes in my life and the lives of so many other people... the joy and the peace I feel everyday... but most of all... just LIFE... Life is a miracle in itself... it's so complex, so beautiful... so intricate... the way it starts, ends and everything that happens in between... The way one life can touch another... As cliche as it sounds, each life has a "God-shaped" hole in it, something only He can fill, and as much as we try to fill it with everything we can get our hands on, we still come up empty...

What is the biggest proof of God? I think it's a changed life... I want my life to be proof of His existance... Does God have to prove Himself to us? I don't think so... After all, we are His creation, not the other way around. Seek and you shall find... Draw near to God and He shall draw near to you... Prove to Him that you want to know Him and He will show Himself to you... You'll get your proof... the proof of a new life.

No comments: