Saturday, March 18, 2006

I'm having more fun than you are!

Current mood: refreshed
Category: Life

Ok so maybe I don't mean it in the same context as Pastor Judah, but it's still true: Christians have more fun… way more… I mean… God created fun… He is fun… serving Him is fun! When people ask me what I do for fun they expect me to say: club, drink, party, have random sexual encounters…whatever… so when I say: go to church, sing in the worship choir, youth dance team, hang out with my friends, play games (not head games) they are taken aback… that's fun? Why yes, it is! It's the carefree, feel good, innocent, wholesome, guilt free, regret free good time basking in the presence of God and His kids J seriously though… it's the best… everyone is sober, nobody is hitting on you, no need to watch your back (or your front) and the next morning you look back on it with a smile and a clear conscience, not a hangover. I've been to my share of parties… and the ones I can actually remember are with good people, good conversations, good food, clean jokes, and no alcohol… you don't have to get drunk to have fun… you don't have to hook up with a guy to have fun… you don't have to loose control of yourself to have fun… in fact, being in control is empowering and making the right decisions is encouraging and being with people that actually care about you and your well being is wise…

Yes, I'm a Christian, but no, my life is not boring… dare I say that it's more fun than yours? It probably is… I don't drink, I don't smoke, I don't go to clubs, and I don't hook up with guys… I don't waste my time doing things that are harmful to me and going places where Jesus wouldn't be caught dead in with people who don't love God. Still… I'm having more fun than you are… ;)

1 comment:

Mike Bolitho said...

You can have fun without drinking? I don't believe you. I found this post randomly through Kathleen Chan, not really sure how it put me on an old blog of yours but yeah, it did...
It's always encouraging to see other people enjoying community that is actually good for you. Not having to watch your back, worry about what you say or what you are wearing is an incredible feeling. I used to work for a non-profit that had a huge community like that, simply loving eachother, I miss it. You're a good writer, you should start blogging again.