Monday, September 29, 2008

Making Waves

I’ve never been the one to just blend in and conform. I enjoy being different, one of a kind...controversial even. My individualism and personality have exploded since I gave my life to Jesus, which only makes sense since He is the one who created me. Ever since then, I’ve been discovering who I am, who I was created to be, my destiny, and most importantly who and what I believe in.

The latter has been shaken, stretched, tested and molded over the years, especially in the past few months as I was going through one hell of a storm that wiped away everything that wasn’t rock solid in my life. Basically it left me with nothing but unyielding faith and love for God. In the process, I’ve come to change and adjust some of my beliefs and outlooks on life, and here’s just a small taste of what I came up with:

I don’t believe in cookie-cutter Chirtianity or a God who fits neatly within three points of any given sermon. I don’t believe in formulas or principles anymore. I believe in love and I believe in grace. I believe in relationships. I believe in forgiveness, redemption and restoration of broken lives. I believe in second, third, fourth and infinite chances. I believe in patience. I believe in humility. I believe in Jesus as a person and not a product that needs to be advertised and sold at a discount price. I don’t believe that God owes us anything, but it is us who owe Him everything. I’ve discovered that it’s not about church, preachers, leaders or even theology...it’s about the love of God tangibly acted out on people and through people. It’s about serving and laying down one’s life daily. It’s a sacrifice that comes back to repay in ways never thought, imagined or expected… It’s the only thing worth living for.

No comments: