Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Fuego Contra Fuego

Current mood: peaceful
Category: Romance and Relationships


Hey guys… sorry I haven’t shared my heart and mind in a while. The reason? Well, let’s just say that I’ve been distracted. Distracted by a dangerous game of playing with fire… and getting burned in the process. I thought I was being so careful, so in control, when in fact, everything has been spinning out of control. I’ve been kidding and disillusioning myself of my true motives and feelings. While they were genuine and pure, I was kidding myself in thinking I could actually carry them out without having it take a toll on me. Like a butterfly showing off it’s beauty too close to a glittering spider web and getting caught in it… Being so careful in guarding my heart only to have it broken by a lack of my own good judgment and discretion. Getting too involved and attached, forming bonds, ties and friendships that went too deep, got too personal, and were too painful to break. The result? Frustration, pain, tears, fear, self condemnation, despair, disappointment and heartbreak.

I am stunned by how much God loves me… How like a gentle father He didn’t let me out of his hand, didn’t let me fall, but showed me exactly what I was doing and why I was doing it. He spoke to me, comforted me, healed me and restored me. He affirmed me and assured me of His love… took me in His arms, let me cry in His lap and loved me… and then showed me what He has for me and reminded me of His promises for my future… I am stunned…

For the last two days, God has been speaking to me so consistently, so clearly, so lovingly, making me see His will for me as well as His love and grace for me… When all I could do was blame myself for my foolishness and beat myself up for what looked like failure to me, He lifted me up, letting me know I was still His child, and still a human prone to making mistakes… and that it was ok.

The conclusion? This song was on repeat in my car as I was driving to church from work tonight… As I was bawling my eyes out in pure desperation, I encountered God and this is my most sincere prayer after all that I’ve learned…
I’m letting it go. I can’t do it nor is it my place to. I trust God to want it more than I do and to finish what He started…

Fire against fire… The fire of salsa against the fire of my passion for God and for people… Light that burns within me…

Speak For Me lyrics
Jaci Velasquez

What have I to offer
To a world in need
Yet for some unknown reason
You have chosen me

Lord You've set my journey
You've prepared the way
Still, I'm desperate for the words to say

All I am is willing
All I have is in Your hands

Speak for me, this my plea
Say the words I can't express
Sing for me a heavenly melody
That the people will be blessed
Speak for me

Every brief encounter
That You send my way
Is a chance to show the love You gave me
I see their troubled faces
A hunger deep inside
Lord, I depend on You to touch their lives

Light what burns within me
Let Your truth shine through my life

Sing for me, set me free
And they will see Your holiness
Speak for me

'Cause Your love will lead them on to heaven's gate
Where they can look upon Your face

Light what burns within me
Let Your truth shine through my life

Speak for me, this my plea
Say the words I can't express
Sing for me a heavenly melody
That the people will be blessed
Speak for me

Sing for me, set me free
And they will see Your holiness
Speak for me

You're all I have to offer to a world in need.

Fuego

Rebecca Joy Grayson (Northwest) wrote
at 3:50pm on February 13th, 2008
Touching note, thank you for sharing so transparently and testifying so clearly. Your words have touched me and yes, God is awesome. In Him we have everything, and in everything we have Him. :)
Beth Freitas (Teach For America) wrote
at 4:41pm on February 13th, 2008
Anna, you're a great woman.
Alexandra Barrett (Washington) wrote
at 9:13pm on February 13th, 2008
I identify with a lot of what you wrote. You pretty much said it all. You are a brave, dashing, God loving, and admirable woman!

1 comment:

gone said...

Annie, this last i read has brought so many memories and a little of hurt too, because i have been feeling just like that lately. I have felt so guilty in a way, for not wanting to see maybe what the Lord had been telling me and i realized my hurt could have been avoided, if i only would have been seeing things as they were. And me thinking i was being careful, little did i know i was going to be in so much pain for all that had to be broken and the distance that had to be placed. =/

Thank you for sharing, i do also wait for my heart to be restored and put back together soon! In my Savior i await for He is the only one that can, after all that i did.