Thursday, October 27, 2005

Jesus Freak

Current mood: contemplative
Category: Life

Root of the word radical = root, deeply rooted. Am I radical about Jesus? YES! Am a brainwashed? Am I nuts? No, but feel free to cal me that if you must because Jesus was called that too. As Christians we are often misunderstood just like Jesus was misunderstood. We are not of this world, therefore this world can not understand us. When we try to talk to people about sin, salvation, redemption, worship, and our love for God they just look at us like we're talking in Greek or something. OK so let me break his down for you spiritually challenged ones: I do not live the life I used to live. I do not do the things I used to do. I do not think the way I used to think. Why? Because I have discovered the truth... something bigger than me... something better. I have traded in my tears and pain and frustrations and disappointments for happiness, peace, and freedom. I am free to not do things that cause me pain. Well, that's life, some of you might say, life is full of pain and disappointments. No... life in Jesus is not... I am free to make the right choices, to not sin, to be happy and at peace with myself and my life. Why? Because my God is bigger tahn me. My God is bigger than life... I love Him and He loves me... A lot... And if He would have done in your life what He has done in my life you'd be living for Him too... So when people say that I'm nuts or brainwashed I don't take personal offense... People fear the unknown and what they can't understand. Besides, Jesus said it would happen, so I must be doing something right! ;)

No comments: